Friday, August 24, 2007

hello again

hey girls. I do bring sad news. my bio dad passed last night at aprox 9:40pm. I made it to lakeland last weekend & he was skin & bones. all muscle mass was gone. i ended up being sick all weekend w/ my stomache & left saturday afternoon. We had quiet time together & that was the last time i was to see him. I didnt want to stay in case i was sick & didnt want to spread it to him. but personally i think i got food poisoning from applebees in bradenton.
I just thank god that he did not linger in the hospotil, & went very quickly. They found him in the bedroom wed on the floor & had him admitted to the va hosp in tampa that same day. his morphine drip was started yesterday early afternoon i think & by last night he was gone. it's sad, yet a releif to know there is no more suffering. since he had cancer in his bones/entire body, you can imagine how much that hurts.
well my loves.. have an awesome weekend. I will be back.... like a bad habbitt....lol

4 comments:

Mary B said...

Laurie, I'm so sorry. I lost my bio-dad the same way almost six years ago. My thoughts are with you and your family. (((hugs)))

Scrappin' Jackie said...

Lauri,
I am very sorry to hear of your loss. I still feel the pain every minute of every day.
I am thankful for you that there was no lingering.
You are in my thoughts and prayers sweetie,
Jackie

Jules said...

Lauri, I am so sorry to hear this.

Michele L from Tampa said...

Sending out a big cyber hug to you. I lost my dad to that dreaded C also. I am glad you were able to make it to see him before he went to his peace.